Pages

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Kody's Birthday Card

My youngest son Kody turned 14 on the 18th of October , he is a big fan of Hot Wheels cars and has a huge collection of them , so when I found these demensional stickers a few months ago at Dollar Tree I new I had to get them to make him a card for his birthday . Kody's dad Demitri helped me with the layout of the stickers and helped me chose the DSP to use . I used DSP from SU's Halloween Paper and Tempting Turquoise for cards base , Only Orange and Temp.Turq. were used for layering . The top piece looks layered but was too big to layer so I bordered it with Copic marker to make it look layered . I used my nestabilities to cut and emboss the white CS and use faux dewdrops (hand colored the red and green) to resemble stoplights . Kody really loved the card , he said it was awesome !

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day !

P.S. Reminder that I have Scallop punches for sale second post below this one !


11 comments:

  1. I love it!!! Its perfect for a boy, and that is soooo awesome that your DH helped you with this card, how sweet!!! :)Also Im sure your son will love this card!!Great job!!!
    I need to start looking for rub ons, or stickers to use for boy cards, that is a great idea,I have a hard time making boy cards, I end up try'n to find a stamp that could be for a boy, or man :) so thank you for this great idea!!!! :)

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, I know my son would absolutely love this card!! Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I bet he loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a grea looking card! i'm sure your son will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun boy card....stickers are fun to work with too! Great idea to use your copic marker to border the top piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the card; hope his birthday was fantastic!!

    ~Hugs,
    Michele, SBS10

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMW, my nephews would FREAK OUT if I sent them a wicked cool card like this! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card. Excellent idea to use "non-scrapping" stickers to make a b-card for a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fantastic card. your son is going to love this card! thanks so much for sharing such a neat, fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhh this rocks!!! I just love how totally cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a totally cool card for a teen that loves cars! Bet he loved it to pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Every single comment is very much appreciated , and I hope that I have helped to inspire you in some way , Thanks for stopping by and commenting and have a great day !